ETFE Films provide exceptional properties, including transparency, durability, anti-fouling, release, tensile strength, elongation and temperature resistance.
Airtech ETFE films are used for a wide range of applications such as: Architectural tensile structures, Solar cells, Agriculture greenhouses, 3D Print, molding release films and Anti-graffiti protection.
Features & Benefits
Low Density and High Mechanical Strength
- Light weight replacement for glass for architectural applications & Greenhouses, reduces the weight and cost of supporting structures.
- Stiffer and better creep resistance than other fluoropolymers, enables use for tensile structures.
- Strength enables thinner gauge use for release films, reducing cost.
High Visible Light Transmission
- Light transmission >94% and Haze <5%.
- High light transmission including UV, allows for healthy plant growth in greenhouses and healthy grass growth under roof structures.
- Resistance to UV supports excellent outdoor weatherability and long life
- Transmits UV light without degradation of ETFE properties
Wide use temperature
- Temperature range from -200°C (-328°F) to 165°C (330°F) suitable for wide range of applications.
- Maintains properties through temperature range and can be heat seamed.
- Excellent outdoor weatherability, dust or dirt that lands on ETFE is washed away by rainwater
- Superior release properties off common resin systems for easier moulding processes.
Chemically Inert & radiation resistant
- Excellent chemical resistance so can be used for chemical tank liners.
- Exhibits high energy radiation resistance.
Available with Pigment
- For applications requiring colour or ease of identification
Available with Surface Treatment for Bonding
- Bondable surface on one or both sides of the film